Monday 18 July 2005

I'm back!



Hello! I'm back. After 2 manic weeks at the design agency I needed to blow some steam, so we headed back up to the Lake District with all the camping gear. I love it!

We put the tent up near Ullswater. It couldn't have been more perfect because a huge craft fair was buzzing with life just down the road. There was loads of inventive stuff there. My favourite was a lady who recycled tin and glass and other things into pieces of art. P loved the food tent and I bought him some raspberry wine and a bottle of whisky based cranberry liqueur.

Later on, P was in his element cooking veggie bolognaise on the gas stove. We shared the liqueur with our next door neighbours who were camping virgins and a great time was had by all. The next day a couple of friends joined us and we hired some canoes so we could take our lunch and explore the islands and bays on Ullswater.

It really was the perfect weekend.

I've been inspired by all the great photoshop work I've been seeing recently on people's blogs (especially Michael Nobbs who writes the wonderful Beany) so I thought I'd experiment a bit. Not my usual style but I'm pleased with this. I was a bit squiffy on the booze when I drew it and didn't want to chance ruining it with the watercolours. So here's the result.

No comments: