Friday, 30 March 2007
Thursday, 29 March 2007
It's been all about birds here recently, so this makes a nice change.
Now, maybe you can help... I can't decide if this is the finished cut or not. I'm trying to decide whether to make a small band of white space above the cup. I've had a bit of advice from some flickr friends but they both said different things... I'm a bit stuck!!
I did the initial drawing at my parent's house on Mother's Day. I've always loved this china. Underneath it says Royal Albert, True Romance. They are very romantic, that's for sure.
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
I can't tell you how relieved I was to get away to the Lleyn Peninsula (North Wales) this last weekend. We've been having problems with our bathroom renovation and I'd just had enough of it all.
It was a great, sunny weekend. Lots of lovely nosh, walks on the beach, a visit to a fantastic art gallery (in Llanbedrog), exciting new places, friendly people, different birds, wild flowers, coast paths and a chance to christen my new trainers... ahh... feeling much better now! :-)
Monday, 19 March 2007
Thursday, 15 March 2007
Good things this week....
- Organising my clothes in the new wardrobe
- Blowing the cobwebs away with a refreshing walk along the Sandstone Trail in Manley
- More linoprinting
- Noticing that new leaves are sprouting and plants are starting to bloom which can only mean that spring has arrived :-)
- P surprising me with a lovely bunch of flowers
- Jamie Oliver's onion soup recipe
- Watching the buzzards inspect a nesting site in the trees across the dip using an old telescope that belongs to my parents. God knows what the neighbours think!
- Emails from an old friend
- A text message from another old friend
- Serendipity involving garlic bread (a story that's too long for this list)
Tuesday, 6 March 2007
I have 6 of these framed at the moment out of an edition of 25.
The frames are made of wood with a card backing and perspex instead of glass. This is great for posting and is also an advantage if it's for a child's room. Frames are 21.5cm x 16.5cm. Image is 15cm x 10cm.
Thursday, 1 March 2007
My first attempt at creating a lino cut since primary school. I was inspired by some prints that I bought from littlest flower. Really pleased with how it turned out. They are 145mm x 105mm.
The following photos show the process.
If you would be interested in buying one of these for a small amount, say £10, let me know in the comments and I might put them on etsy or even put a paypal button here (if I can figure out how to do it!). Thanks :-)
ps. Sorry for all the seperate posts. I have just installed new security software on my computer and for some reason I can't turn off the block on the popups so I've had to use Flickr to post the pics.