10 oz Plain Flour
5 oz Butter/Margarine (Hard)
3 oz Lard (Hard)
Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Level Dessert Spoon Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 Large Egg Separated - Use Yolk and a little white (White remaining for brushing over pastry)
8 oz Mincemeat ***
Icing Sugar (Dusting)
Greased pie/cake tins
1. Use all the ingredients (except the mince meat and most of the egg white) to make the pastry.
2. Chill it in the fridge for at least 30 mins before rolling.
3. Cut out rounds using crinkle cutters (you'll have to judge the 2 different sizes for the top and bottom) and put into your greased tins.
4. Put a heaped teaspoon of mince meat in each pie and cover with your smaller pastry circles.
5. Put 2 little holes in the top of each pie to let the steam escape.
6. Glaze with the remaining egg white.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees C (not sure what that is in Fahrenheit).
*** Edit *** This is the fruit sort of mincemeat which contains dried fruit and spices