Wednesday 27 October 2004

Memories

I've been for a great walk this morning. Part of it was along the River Weaver where I used to row for Northwich Rowing Club. It brought back loads of memories especially when a couple of scullers paddled past. I really miss it, but it takes up sooo much time and you can forget your weekend lie-ins. Rowing is a lifestyle. Practically every summer weekend is spent in a tent somewhere else in the country. It was great at the time and I made some fantastic friends (and met some absolute witches!) but I don't think I could do it now. No, my rowing days are over, for the moment anyway.



I'm supposed to be playing squash tonight against my friend C. The last time I played I couldn't walk for a week because my foot skidded across the floor and my body refused to follow. She is probably going to annihilate me.

No comments: