Friday 19 January 2007

Kingfisher

Here are some photos of the painting I used for my header (thanks Rob for the kick up the arse!). I have lots of unfinished paintings lying around that I would post if only I could resolve them.


There is a lot of texture in this painting as well as parts which are glossy and parts which are matt. The second photo shows the difference when the light catches the surface a little.


A close up so you can see the use of the text. This is not a collage. The layer with the text is completely transparent.

In other news my running is going well (thanks Si) and I've improved already after 7 sessions! I started out running a third of the distance and walking the rest. Now I'm running more than half. Somehow my overall time is staying the same so I think that means that I run the same speed that I walk!! Still, it gets the heart pumping. Plotting the times into Excel is spurring me on along with my new legs!! It was glorious being out first thing this morning. The sun was coming up over the fields, there were birds singing, rabbits nibbling and squirrels jumping. Made me feel incredibly lucky.

No comments: