Thursday 12 April 2007

Teacup love No.2 and some birthday cakes


It was such a lovely day here yesterday. The sun was so hot it felt like a summer's day so I sat out on the balcony to carve the lino, listening to the sounds of people doing their gardening, dogs barking, birds singing, a radio playing somewhere in the distance. It was very relaxing. Later we sat out and had a glass of wine and watched the sun go down. Very romantic!

I'm really pleased with how the new print has come out. I tried it in more of a raspberry colour than the other teacup by adding a bit of white to the ink. So I think I will print both blocks in the same colour to make a set which I may add to with another one when I find a new teacup.

By the way, I want to thank everyone for their comments and imput into the design of the first teacup. The majority thought that the original was better so I have decided to leave it alone and print it as it is. You've all been very helpful. Thank you!

P's birthday was also a good day and featured lots of walking, wildlife, a picnic and a meal out. I made some cakes for him using directions from a book by Peggy Porschen but changed the design slightly. They reminded me of something which I couldn't quite put my finger on. Then sally_jane on Flickr said she loved the 'big top' ones and hit the nail on the head!

No comments: