Wednesday 15 April 2009

bird and branch pebble pendant





A crafty post is long overdue so here is my latest carved pebble.

I've been making these for a number of months now and I think it is the natural simplicity of them that appeals to me and that I know their entire journey from start to finish. I love to make jewellery and for a while I was getting frustrated that the things I was making weren't as unique to me as they could be and I wanted to make something more original that would have a strong identity. I suppose I got the idea through carving lino prints and rubber stamps. I started to think about how could I use that process in my jewellery making that would allow me to use my drawings and designs to create something unique. I've been refining my technique and I think and hope I get better with each pebble.

Happy Wednesday to you!

5 comments:

nadia said...

your pebbles are GORGEOUS! they really are, and they have so much character and are neat and simple but magical and natural too! :)
well done!
you are very strong to be able to part with your pebbles - i have a weakness for collecting pebbles, shells and driftwood whenever i get the chance and often want to hang on to them even if that means them filling up ever so many little baskets and boxes!
have a good day :)

Lesley said...

Thank you, I'm all smiles now :-D

I know what you mean about parting with things that remind you of a place or time. I have a collection of stripy pebbles from all different places that I could never part with.

tania said...

i keep meaning to say how much I LOVE these carved pebbles! they are so unique and pretty!
:)

driftwood said...

they're lovely Lesley xx

Lesley said...

Thank you ladies! :-D