Tuesday 9 February 2010

sunshine blog award


The wonderful Heartful Blogger has very very kindly given me The Sunshine Blog Award! I've put it in the sidebar. What a lovely award to win! Thank you!

The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blog world - it makes me very happy to think that I inspire someone with this website. I know this isn't really following the rules to the letter but I'm going to list 10 blogs who inspire me, some old favs and some new-to-me. Some of them have already received the award.

So here goes in no particular order:
  1. The Hermitage This is such a poetic, authentic, deeply touching blog.
  2. Leanne Wildermuth makes incredibly beautiful, detailed paintings of people's pets. I love seeing the work progress through different stages to the finished piece.
  3. Driftwood is a fab blog written by Tess who often makes me laugh out loud.
  4. Shadows and Clouds is a long time favourite, always inspiring with beautiful photos and thoughtful words.
  5. Julie Whitmore Pottery is a lovely new-to-me blog showing fantastic creations and the ideas behind them.
  6. third bird Fabulous design blog from a wonderful textile designer, lots of contemporary patterns and inspiring posts.
  7. the life and times of sticks and bricks If you love furniture makeovers, seeing poor unloved pieces made new and reworked you will adore this blog.
  8. Sweet Designs never ceases to amaze me with the jaw dropping dessert tables that she creates along with her team.
  9. Missed Connections A project of fantastic illustrations based on messages left by strangers on missed connections websites. I really love this concept!
  10. mimilove Another new-to-me blog with fresh inspiring artwork... a mix of watercolour painting and embroidery. Lovely!
Hope you enjoy the links ♥

4 comments:

driftwood said...

oh thank you Lesley, xxx

and congrats for recieving it yourself x

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Congratulations, and I'm going to visit each and every blog you've mentioned. I'm very proud to be one of them........
xx

shadows and clouds said...

Thank you ever so much Lesley, that's really nice of you, such kind words too! If I had nominated old favourites, rather than new, then I would so certainly have nominated bird ahoy too!

Is it still snowing there?

Nadia x
(shadowsandclouds.blogspot.com)

tania said...

so many pretty things! love the new pebbles, the moo cards, your walks and flossie!
cant wait to check out all these new to me blogs too!
:)